- The Story: Torii Hunter, Bobby Abreu and Kendry Morales are the Angel nominees for the Hank Aaron Award. The Monkey Says: The fans can vote on this award, so click the link and get in there and vote for the Angel of your choice, so that he can lose to someone from Boston or New York.
- The Story: The Angels are last in road attendance. The Monkey Says: I know the Angels lack any big ticket stars to see, but that is just silly that nobody wants to come see a one of the best teams in the league. I am going to go ahead and pretend that it is because opposing fans don’t want to waste money on seeing their team lose.
- The Story: When the Angels had a line-up full of .300 hitters after 100 games, it was the first time that had happened since 1934. The Monkey Says: I knew it hadn’t happened in a long time, but not that long of a time. Wow!
- The Story: Rob Neyer finds it more bizarre than impressive that the Angels had an all .300 line-up since none of their batters are even close to winning the batting title. The Monkey Says: So sorry to disappoint you Mr. Neyer. We’ll just slink back into our whole until everyone is hitting over .350 so we don’t waster your time anymore.
- The Story: Bobby Abreu has been the best bargain in baseball and the Angels want him back. The Monkey Says: The Angels have a policy of not talking contract during the season, but Abreu claims that the team has made it clear to him that they want to re-sign him, which is great news for the Halos.
- The Story: Kevin Jepsen was diagnosed with scoliosis earlier in the year, but isn’t letting the condition slow him down. The Monkey Says: Holy crap our set-up guy is a huncback! Quisimodo Jepsen has dealt with the condition admirably, but now all I can think about is if he has to wear those lame orthopedic shoes when he isn’t playing.
- The Story: Jason Bulger is now the trusted workhorse of the Halo bullpen. The Monkey Says: PUFF PIECE ALERT! It had been over a week since the last Jepsen/Bulger propaganda piece so I guess this was overdue.
- The Story: The Angels defense is almost as good as its offense. The Monkey Says: The Angels have the third-best fielding percentage in the AL, which is a nice rebound for a team that has struggled a bit in the field the last couple of years.
- The Story: The Chone Figgins Gold Glove Campaign has begun. The Monkey Says: The Angels do this every year for one of their players, and I am surprised that it isn’t Aybar, but Figgins has been fantastic this year, so I won’t complain. It seems like he makes at least one highlight reel play each night.
- AL West Update: The Rangers coughed up a 4-0 lead to lose to the Twins 5-4 last night. The Monkey Says: The Angels’ lead is now 6.5 and the Rangers could be starting to slip away finally.
Mavericks 7hr ago
Mavericks legend Dirk Nowitzki is a lock to be voted into the Hall of Fame, but even he’s humble to admit that there’s another player in his (…)
Promoted 9hr ago
The French Open begins on Sunday from Roland Garros. When events are on clay you can basically throw the seeds out the window when (…)
Mets 10hr ago
Weather wiped out the New York Mets (26-31) last night, but their slim playoff hopes still took a hit. The Miami Marlins won last night to (…)