Wolves Updates 1/26

Click here for the forum’s thread for tonight’s game at the Knicks
Game previews:
Flynn has started all 45 games for the Wolves (9-36) this season. He started both seasons at Syracuse, so New York fans will be used to seeing him on the floor for extensive minutes.

Flynn’s 14.2 scoring average is third in the NBA among rookies, behind Sacramento’s Tyreke Evans (20.7) and Milwaukee’s Brandon Jennings (17.9). He ranks fourth among rookies in assists (4.2), behind Jennings (6.2), Evans (4.9) and Golden State’s Stephon Curry (4.5).

You can bet the Knicks will be ready to play tonight, and not just because of Flynn’s return. Dallas dealt the Knicks a 50-point beating Sunday night at the Garden; the Mavericks’ 128-78 win was the Knicks’ worst home defeat in franchise history.

Earlier this month, Yahoo! Sports reported the Pacers had turned down the Wolves’ offer of Jefferson for Danny Granger, a report Wolves boss David Kahn vehemently denied. On Monday, the Arizona Republic named the Wolves as one of three teams — Cleveland and Golden State were the others — who have inquired about Amare Stoudemire.

Kahn says he will use this entire season to evaluate the team. Jefferson knows, though, that the Wolves will consider all options to leverage the vast salary-cap space cleared for this summer now if they can add the correct star player.

“He has been honest with me,” Jefferson said of Kahn. “We both know you can be traded. He doesn’t come telling me, ‘Al, we would never trade you.’ Last conversation I had with him, he told me he wasn’t talking about trading me to Indiana. But he’s not going to make a promise that he’ll never trade me because this is how the business is.

Expect Kahn to inquire about all the possibilities — don’t believe him when he says he’s going to take all of this season to evaluate his team — before Feb. 18 in an effort to leverage that approaching salary-cap space with a fire-sale player now.

Stoudemire, Kevin Martin, Andre Iguodala, Monta Ellis, all those guys and more likely will be dangled in the coming 24 days.

Oh, yes, add Jefferson to that list as well.

Despite a published report indicating the Knicks are showing renewed interest in Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio, a representative for Rubio’s agency in Spain says he isn’t likely to land at Madison Square Garden anytime soon.

“Minnesota knows what they have so I don’t see his rights getting traded so easily,” said Tim Shea, a former Knicks European scout and a representative for Rubio’s agency in Spain. “The New York Knicks are not any better off in getting him than anyone else in the league.”

Lots of teams have interest in Amare – Cavs, Pistons & Wolves have strong interest. But he’d have to agree to stay.
From Hardwood Paroxysm: NBA Trade Deadline: Who Do The Wolves Have?
Arrow to top