Round 1 statistics
- 19.4 ppg (52.4% fg, 52.8% 3pt), 2.6 reb, 3.4 asst, 1 stl
- High points: 25 (games 2 & 3)
- High rebounds: 5 (game 2)
- High assists: 5 (game 3)
- High shooting %: 62.9% (9-13 in game 2)
- High 3pt %: 83.3% (5-6 in game 5)
Ray Allen was "Ray Allen" for most of this series. Steady until he needed to turn it on… and then deadly when the Celtics started to pull away. There were plenty of other candidates, as you might expect in a 4-1 series win. Rondo averaged about 15 points and 10 assists and you could easily argue that his aggressiveness is the reason Ray could do what he did. Pierce was clutch, and not just in Game 3. And Glen Davis' energy was huge.
But it was Ray who was there with the daggers. His shot was flat-out "on" in this series. When he's on, you can bet things will go fairly easily for the C's.
Photo by Elsa/Getty Images