Wow, last night sucked. Cheer up, at least you’re not as pissed off as this kid.
- As you may have heard last night, Ernie Harwell passed away yesterday. Kurt of Bless You Boys did a great job of summing up what Ernie meant to most, if not all Tigers fans. The forum has info on paying respects to Mr. Harwell.
- On a much lighter note, Jim Leyland foresees a woman manager in the major leagues in the near future. If there’s any league to break the gender barrier in that regard, I think it will be the MLB.
- Holy blowout Batman! The Orlando Magic absolutely curbstomped the Atlanta Hawks last night, 114-71. The 43 point win is tied for the second largest margin of victory all-time in a Game 1 playoff loss.
- DeShawn Sims graduated from the University of Michigan this weekend, but I don’t think very many of his fans knew his whole story. Erik Brady of the USA Today wrote a great piece about Sims’ resilience last week. Whether you’re a Wolverine fan or not, you can’t help but appreciate how hard he’s worked to get where he is today. [via UM Hoops]
- I haven’t linked this in a while, and since they changed sites I probably should. If you haven’t kept up with The Obstructed View podcast, check out their new site and newest episode. It was easily the most entertaining hour (and change) of my day yesterday. If that doesn’t cheer you up, maybe The Production Line can help.
- Remember that awful Notre Dame video I talked about yesterday? Black Heart Gold Pants, SB Nation’s Iowa Hawkeyes site, found the real reason why the video was created. And yes, most of the stuff at BHGP is this ridiculous and funny.[via Maize ‘n’ Brew]
- If you didn’t already think MSNBC was a joke (I do), check this out. I guess some intern didn’t check the byline of this Hockey Independent post when he forwarded the info on to his superiors. I guess it just adds more fuel to the fire that is the #KyleWellwoodissofat Twitter hashtag.
- Another day, another awkward picture making fun of Philadelphia. Total Pro Sports gets the credit this time. (Click to enlarge)
RANDOM AWESOME VIDEO OF THE DAY
The flash mob craze has been booming lately, but this one done at Ohio State (yeah, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit) is pretty cool. Except for the lame remake of “Don’t Stop Believin’.” Use the original song people.
ROB’S HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY
This fight from last night’s Pittsburgh-Montreal game is worth a look. Unfortunately, Scott Gomez shows some restraint when he gets locked up with Sidney Crosby.