- The Story: Are the Angel pitchers missing Jeff Mathis? The Monkey Says: That is an interesting theory and it certainly has some merit, but the Angels aren’t just losing because they have a worse defensive catcher, they also can’t field and can’t consistently score runs, so getting Mathis back will help, but only so much.
- The Story:TJ Simers wonders if any Angel player is worth the price of admission. The Monkey Says: Nice to see Simers taking a break from bashing on the Lakers and Dodgers to give the Angels a few paragraphs of his trademark cynicism. I say why do they have to have a superstar? Won’t winning fill the seats? I suspect that even with the Angels struggling out of the gate, they still manage to draw 3 million fans again this year.
- The Story: Bobby Wilson is moving up to Triple-A for his rehab stint. The Monkey Says: Sounds like the Halos are making sure he is really ready to produce when he gets activated from the DL, so maybe he might steal playing time from Mike Napoli.
- The Story: Michael Ryan draws inspiration from his wife and Torii Hunter. The Monkey Says: Hunter has been a role model for Ryan while Ryan’s wife has supported him and not let him quit despite his long stretch of not being in the majors. Hopefully his hard work and perseverance can earn him a more permanent job with the Angels.
- The Story: Former Angel great Rod Carew will be inducted to the Latino Baseball Hall of Fame. The Monkey Says: Carew is one of a rather large first class of great players and executives from decades past.
Mavericks 4hr ago
Mavericks legend Dirk Nowitzki is a lock to be voted into the Hall of Fame, but even he’s humble to admit that there’s another player in his (…)
Promoted 6hr ago
The French Open begins on Sunday from Roland Garros. When events are on clay you can basically throw the seeds out the window when (…)
Mets 7hr ago
Weather wiped out the New York Mets (26-31) last night, but their slim playoff hopes still took a hit. The Miami Marlins won last night to (…)
NHL 10hr ago
Kevin Shattenkirk of New Rochelle, NY scored one of the biggest goals of his National Hockey League career on Friday. The veteran blueliner (…)