It seems like the entire blogging world took yesterday off (yeah, even those weird Canadians) so we’ll jump right back into it with some of the best work of the weekend.
- Your NBA Finals matchup is set. Boston closed out their series with Orlando on Friday night, while the Lakers beat the Suns in their own building to avoid a 7th game. Kobe made a ridiculous shot, then made history.
- We all know Max Scherzer was good in his first MLB start since being sent down to the minors, but how good was he? Baseball Reference shows us that Scherzer was “never been done before” good. While I don’t think we can expect those numbers again, let’s hope he can keep this groove going.
- It’s still early, but over at The Wayne Fontes Experience, Big Al expresses some concern that Ndamukong Suh might hold out a la Michael Crabtree last season.
- Red Wings prospect Brendan Smith signed a 3-year contract with the Wings last week, then was charged with punching somebody in the face less than a day later (the incident occurred earlier in May). Hey, at least he can fight. [via Babcock’s Death Stare]
- Dude, Jay Feely: I like you because of where you went to school, but you should probably keep your mouth shut on this issue. An audio clip is here.
Chris Pronger is not a happy camper after his team lost Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals to go down 2-0 in the series.
If Twitter starts causing more stuff like this, next year will be one hell of a season for the NFL.
Today’s random video and highlight after the jump…
RANDOM AWESOME VIDEO OF THE DAY
I don’t know how these two didn’t see each other, but wow. [via NESW Sports]
ROB’S HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY
I don’t know about you, but I’d sure get hungry if I were a baseball player. Instead of pulling a Mark Sanchez, Ryan Zimmerman of the Washington Nationals decided to get a hot dog vendor’s attention more directly.