For the first time in 31 years, the Lions are 3-0. Our buddy Billy Zane makes a surprise appearance to tell you why, and Jim Schwartz adds an exclamation point.
The Lions were down 20-0 at halftime, but made some SRS adjustments during the break to force overtime. Schwartz decided to buck Lions tradition by taking the ball in overtime, and the Lions drove down the field to set up Jason Hanson’s game winning field goal.
Click after the jump for more random overreactions…
- Calvin Johnson is not human. We already knew this. Moving on.
- The offensive line was pretty horrible all day. Most of Stafford’s yardage were in spite of them this week. They were a strength during the first two games, so hopefully this was just random Metrodome DERPage.
- The defense was key in holding the Vikings to just 23 points. The Vikings drove up and down the field in the first half but were held to field goals twice, and one of the Vikings’ touchdown drives started on the Lions’ 13 yard line.
- Gosder Cherilus needs to find a new job.
- The run game kind of sucks, and it hasn’t been that great in any of the Lions’ first three games. This falls more on the offensive line than anyone else.
- WOOO SOLE POSSESSION OF FIRST PLACE (for a few hours, at least).