Wanna know how I know that your week is going to be great? Because these links are awesome.
- It’s been 700+ days since… just kidding. Michigan State beat Michigan 64-54 in East Lansing yesterday. The win leaves Sparty one game behind Ohio State in the Big Ten standings, while Michigan is 2 games behind in the loss column. Barring an epic collapse, however, both teams should be tourney locks.
- Matthew Stafford won the NFL’s Comeback Player of the Year award, not to be confused with the Comeback Player of the Year award that he won from someone else. Maybe it was Darren Rovell; he seems to love making up his own rules.
- Speaking of winning awards, Justin Verlander collected his first of what will hopefully be many in 2012 by correctly predicting last night’s Super Bowl score.
- Brandon Knight broke his nose in Saturday night’s game against the New Orleans Hornets. While taking an elbow to the beak probably hurts, this should only help the Pistons’ chances at the top draft pick in June.
- I like to picture Pavel Datsyuk saying something like “I wear clothes. I dangle jacket. I take picture,” when asked about this photoshoot for Russian Elle Magazine.
Click after the jump for the rest of today’s links…
Super Bowl XLVI links:
- Here’s the Fiat commercial that turned every guy in the room/bar/whatever into a zombie in roughly 0.03 seconds.
- If Clint Eastwood and Will Ferrell aren’t enough for you, here are some of the other great ads from this year’s Super Bowl collection.
- There’s a good chance that it might be taken down by the time you click this link, but here’s video of Mario Manningham’s incredible catch in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XLVI.
- Speaking of the Super Bowl, here’s an interesting story about Patriots punter (and Michigan grad) Zoltan Mesko and his upbringing in Romania.
- New Jersey Devils winger Ilya Kovalchuk absolutely drops some poor no-namer with a mean right hook. Personally, I like how much the announcer sounds like Fox Sports Detroit’s own Mickey Redmond.
- The fact that swimsuit model Karina Smirnoff used to date former Tigers pitcher Brad Penny (stretch? you bet) gives me an excuse to link this short but sweet photo gallery. As for Brad? Well, he’s heading to Japan next season.
- Want people to like you? Make something with bacon in it. And we’re not late with this, we’re just really early for next year (/hipster’d).