Welcome to this week’s edition of the Eagles Weekly Recap. After another loss at the hands of the Green Bay Packers, the Eagles are looking to regroup as they head into Week 13. Let’s get into it:
- This afternoon, the Eagles will travel across the western state line to take on the Cincinnati Bengals. The story of this week’s game surround the absence of Bengals’ receiver A.J. Green, who is missing time due to what he described as a Grade II hamstring tear. While the Eagles’ defensive backfield has largely struggled, Green’s absence could help ease their load this afternoon.
- During his weekly press conference, head coach Doug Pederson stated that wide-receiver Nelson Agholor will return after sitting out of last week’s game per Pederson’s decision. Agholor’s struggles have been well documented, and fans hope his week off has helped him refocus going forward.
- On the injury round-up, right guard Brandon Brooks returned to practice this week after being hospitalized Monday with an undisclosed illness. Wide-receiver Jordan Matthews (ankle), running back Ryan Mathews (knee), and right tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai (knee) will all be out for today’s game.
- The Eagles were recently in attendance for tryouts for two Australian Rugby League stars Valentine Holmes and Jason Taumalolo. Check out the full story, including what the Eagles thought of the two players.
- According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Eagles could be on the hot pursuit to bring back wide-receiver DeSean Jackson after the 2016 season. Reports say “multiple teams” believe Jackson could to return to the Eagles, where he spent the first six seasons of his career. Jackson, 30, will be an unrestricted free-agent after this season, and the Redskins are not expected to us their franchise tag on him.
That’s it for this week. Stay tuned with Total Sports Live for the latest involving the Philadelphia Eagles.