Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa is set to undergo surgery on his groin following week 3 injury and has been placed on injury reserve.
Bosa suffered a groin injury during his side’s week 3 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, with the 27-year old expected to be left on the sideline for a prolonged period of time following his surgery.
we've placed Joey Bosa + Rashawn Slater on injured-reserve and signed Jason Moore + Richard Rodgers to our active roster.
— Los Angeles Chargers (@chargers) September 28, 2022
Head coach Brandon Staley provided an update on the Bosa injury on Wednesday, saying that the groin problem was “more significant” than first expected after the Jaguars game leaving the player week-to-week.
Bosa is expected to miss a huge chunk of the season, but Staley said he hopes to see the defensive end back in action in around four weeks time at the earliest.
The Chargers don’t boast a great record without Bosa however, as they remain 2-3 in the league for games played without Bosa since 2020.
The Los Angeles side shipped 41 points in defeat to the Houston Texans last time they were left without their defensive end, but they will have a chance to get their revenge in week 4 this season as they face the Texans on Sunday.
Looking for some action on American Football? Check out the best NFL betting sites.
Content You May Like
- Best NFL Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NFL games.
- NFL Betting Apps – List of top rated NFL betting apps.
- NFL Live Betting – Our top NFL experts are sharing their daily picks.
- Best NFL Odds – Bet with the best NFL odds and lines.
- NFL Picks – Our top NFL experts are sharing their daily picks and predictions.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – Compare top rated offshore betting sites for your next bets.
- Sportsbook Promo Codes – List of the latest sportsbook promo codes for your NFL bets.
- Best Sports Betting Apps – Guide of top rated betting apps available in the US.