Forbes released the list of the world’s 10 highest-paid athletes in 2023. The list consists of three soccer athletes, three basketball players, two golfers, one boxer, and one tennis star. Who are the world’s 10 highest-paid athletes in 2023?
Cristiano Ronaldo Tops The List
Cristiano Ronaldo is the world’s highest paid athlete. He earned about €136 million during the period from May 1 2022 to May 1 2023.
On-Field: $46 million
Off-Field: $90 million [Via/Forbes] pic.twitter.com/MdGCpkAt4d
— TCR. (@TeamCRonaldo) May 2, 2023
In 2023, soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo tops the list with $136 million. The 38-year-old made $46 million on the field and $90 million off the field.
In 2023, Ronaldo signed a 2.5-year contract with Saudi club Al Nassr worth over $200 million per year. Ronaldo is guaranteed to make $75 million for his on-the-field services, with the potential to reach $200 million through commercial agreements with the club.
Off the field, Ronaldo is one of the most popular athletes in the world. The Portuguese superstar has 580 million followers on Instagram, the most for any individual on the app.
Ronaldo has a lifetime contract with Nike. Other brand deals include Herbalife, DAZN, Clear, and MTG.
The World’s 10 Highest-Paid Athletes in 2023
The World's 10 Highest-Paid Athletes in 2023, according to @Forbes:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo: $136 million
2. Lionel Messi: $130 million
3. Kylian Mbappe: $120 million
4. LeBron James: $119 million
5. Canelo Alvarez: $110 million
6. Dustin Johnson: $107 million
7. Phil Mickelson:… pic.twitter.com/fW4ORuX81m
— Joe Pompliano (@JoePompliano) May 2, 2023
Behind Ronaldo, which other athletes find themselves on the list?
Lionel Messi ($130 million) and Kylian Mbappe ($120 million) are second and third on the list, meaning the top three highest-paid athletes in the world are soccer players.
LeBron James ($119 million) is the highest-paid basketball player and American-born athlete on the list. James’s net worth has surpassed $1 billion thanks to his on-the-court earnings, Nike endorsement contract, SpringHill Company co-foundership, and stake in Fenway Sports Group, the owner of the Boston Red Sox, Liverpool FC, and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Other notable names include boxer Canelo Álvarez ($110 million), golfer Phil Mickelson ($106 million), and tennis star Roger Federer ($95 million).
Check out the entire chart below via Forbes.
|Cristiano Ronaldo||$136 million|
|Lionel Messi||$130 million|
|Kylian Mbappe||$120 million|
|LeBron James||$119 million|
|Canelo Álvarez||$110 million|
|Dustin Johnson||$107 million|
|Phil Mickelson||$106 million|
|Stephen Curry||$100 million|
|Roger Federer||$95 million|
|Kevin Durant||$89 million|
NBA Betting Guides 2023
- NBA Betting Guide 2023 – Discover Best NBA Betting Sites in USA Ranked & Reviewed.
- NBA Live Betting Guide 2023 – Compare Best NBA In Play Betting Sites.
- NBA Betting Apps Guide 2023 – Compare the Best Apps for NBA Betting Ranked & Reviewed.
- Free NBA Picks – Check Expert Basketball Picks & Predictions.
- The Latest NBA Odds – Compare the Best Basketball Odds.
- NBA Spread Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Basketball Spread Bets.
- NBA Futures Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Basketball Futures Bets.
- NBA Totals Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Basketball Totals Bets.
- NBA Moneyline Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to win Basketball Moneyline Bet