Baseball is one of the most played pastime games in America. It is a favorite to people of all ages from kids to teens in high school and colleges as well as professional adults. Finding the best baseball bats is therefore important since all these categories need appropriate tools to play. A kid who is learning baseball basics would not manage with a bat made for an adult. This is because, the length of the bat, weight, and other factors will be limiting. The same way a professional player cannot use a teenager’s bat to play their matches.
There is an appropriate bat for every player depending on their age, level, height, and also strength. That said, it is important to note that finding the right baseball bat will require you to put in some work. The following are the factors to consider when choosing the right baseball bat:
- Quality and durability
A good baseball bat should serve you for long enough without easily losing shape or functionality. This can only happen if go for the right quality as far as the building material is concerned. Hybrid bats tend to last longer than others since hey bring together the strength of both aluminum and composite materials.
- CertificationAt every level and league, baseball bat certification is required. Whether you are getting a bat for a basic level player or professional, the right certification will be needed. Do your research and know the kind of certification you will need and fulfill all the regulations. This will save you unnecessary trouble with the law.
- Exit velocityThis refers to the speed at which a baseball exits from the bat after the player hits it. A great bat is one that will cause the ball to exit at a speed high enough to cover the intended distance. The right exit velocity is achieved if the bat is of the right length and weight and gives the player a great swing path. If the baseball does not get enough charge form the bat as it leaves, the player may end up missing a score since the can only hit once.
- Best popThe bat with the best pop is the one that gives the baseball the best hit to pop it up into the pitch. The kind of pop that a bat delivers is determined by its weight and how well it suits the player. A weak pop can lead to an out hence the need for a bat that gives the player a good swing.
- Swing weightThis refers to the weight of the bat. It is determined by the preference as well as the physical strength of the player. Strong players prefer heavy bats that add to the weight of their swing. This is because, the more powerful the swing, the better the hit. On the other hand, a basic level player or a kid will prefer a lighter weight so that they can easily learn the ropes of the game. However, a strong basic level player will still need a matching bat weight.
- Customer experiences
What customers say about a particular product is never to be ignored. Before you buy that bat, make sure you get customer reviews and gauge. Whether it concerns a particular brand or material, it helps to hear what others say so that you can make an informed decision.
- ValuePricy alloys and bat materials are usually high in quality and vice versa. For you to get a durable bat, you may need to part with some extra bucks. However, if you are getting a bat for a kid or a basic level learner, they will need an aluminum bat which is lighter and cheaper. Price alone cannot be enough to determine what kind of bat you buy though it is important.
The choice of a baseball bat majorly depends on the player. It is all about bringing the best out of the player by giving them the best tools for the game. If you consider the height, weight, and level of the player, then you cannot go wrong in your choice. The factors discussed here will help you to choose the right baseball bat.